Saturday 7th January 2017 Scotbar Pty Ltd were very honoured to be invited by The University of Queensland Business School to be part of the UQ UConn Sustainable Business Program – 3rd January – 13th January 2017 for the third consecutive year.
This 5th annual program offered by The University of Queensland in Australia and the Centre for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) at the University of Connecticut in the US provides a unique opportunity for academics and business leaders to explore how some of Australia’s leading organisations are applying sustainable business practices. In two fast, thought-provoking weeks the program allows participants to:
- Visit business and government agencies in Sydney and Brisbane to meet with industry experts and hear first-hand how real-world organisations are planning for and meeting the sustainability challenge.
- Explore how climate change is impacting all areas of business management and learn more about the role new technology, energy resources and the carbon economy will play in a changing business landscape.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how some of Australia’s leading academics and researchers are helping to tackle the sustainability challenges of tomorrow.
Participant Companies 2017 (in order of attendance):
- Muru Mittigar
- SMaRT Centre UNSW
- Sustainable Engineering UNSW
- Lendlease Barangaroo Development
- The Sydney Opera House
- Wellcamp Airport
- Bauer’s Organic Farm
- Rock Trade Industries (Scotbar Pty Ltd Quarry)
- UQ Business School
- Endeavour Foundation
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Bee One Third
- Port of Brisbane
- Perfect Potion
- UQ Carbon Game
It has been our privilege to share with these delegations from various universities from the Unites States, and Queensland’s own prestigious UQ Business School, our vision of “SUSTAINABILITY THROUGH INNOVATION ‘program. This has been not only an opportunity to share our experience, our success, our opportunities, but what a wonderful privilege it has been to learn from the one on one conversations held with such esteemed guests from diverse fields of business expertise the importance of business structure, and we are certainly looking forward to being invited to participate again in 2018.